What should you expect when hiring a Professional Captain? Full time? Part time? Just ONE time?
How can a Professional Captain help you with vessel delivery, maintenance, systems training & operations training? Let Captain Chris share valuable information needed to make this important decision.
Are you hiring a captain to help you relocate the boat? For a Delivery Captain you might consider if this captain possesses:
- The license and experience for the route and destination
- At least an Inland Masters license(ICW or river systems for example) or Near Coastal Masters license(ocean out to 200 miles)
- A TWIC card - Transportation Workers Identity Credential
- Membership in an active Drug Consortium that is US Coast Guard approved (this is REQUIRED but often not performed by many licensed captains until it's time for their renewal.)
- State Driver's License for the insurer to do a background check and approve this captain to operate your vessel
More interested in Training? Did you just purchase a new boat and is training more your goal? Many captains are very capable of vessel operation but they may not be the best choice to teach you and your mate. Inquire about their training methods and ask for some references from past students. Are they recognized by any national associations?
Schedule us for your next Club Meeting or Rendezvous OR we can arrange a custom seminar just for you. Come meet us one of the many upcoming events.
Just Ask Captain Chris 772-205-1859